The Lovrijenac Fortress is transformed into the king's residence for Game of Thrones. The medieval structure was an important stronghold, both in the series and in actuality. It has also become a prominent landmark of Dubrovnik.
The Pile Gate is the entrance to Dubrovnik's Old Town and once fulfilled an important defensive function. As it is the main entrance to Dubrovnik’s old town, this is where most visitors first encounter the city's medieval architecture. Among other things, the GoT scene in which King Joffrey is attacked by his people was created at the city gate.
The beautiful baroque staircase leads up to the Jesuit Church of St. Ignatius. A very famous scene of Game of Thrones – the "Walk of Shame" of the king's mother Cersei Lannister, who had to take public buses – was filmed there.
Just a few minutes' walk from the Pile Gate is the small Blackwater Bay. It offers the same view that the king’s mother of Game of Thrones had at the sad farewell of her beloved daughter Myrcella. When filming is not in progress, there is a canoe rental shop in the bay.
Star Wars – The Last Jedi
In addition to the filming of Game of Thrones, Dubrovnik was one of the prominent film locations of "Star Wars - The Last Jedi" in 2016. Filming took place on the main street Stradun, at the Dominican Monastery, in Pustijerna Street, and in the Rector's Palace. These sights are all located in the historic old town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Header - Photo by Paul Schiraldi on Spiegel.de
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Paul Schiraldi on Spiegel.de
- Paragraph 1 - Photo from Spiegel.de
- Paragraph 2 - Photo from Wallsofdubrovnik.com
- Paragraph 2 - Photo from Spiegel.de
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Andrea David on Filmtourismus.de
- Paragraph 3 - Photo from Thedubrovniktimes.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Biggunsband on Itinari.com
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Bracodbk on Wikipedia
- Paragraph 5 - Photo from Hellojetlag.com
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Michael Paschos on Kinofreunde.de
- Paragraph 6 - Photo from Korkyra-dubrovnik.com
- Paragraph 7 - Photo from Mycitytrip.com
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by FRASHO on Franks-travelbox.com
- Paragraph 8 - Photo from Skyscanner.de
- Paragraph 8 - Photo from Absolute-croatia.com
- Paragraph 9 - Photo by Kiril Stanchev on Franks-travelbox.com
- Paragraph 9 - Photo by Aleksandar Gospic on Croatia.hr
- Paragraph 10 - Photo by Andrea David on Filmtourismus.de
- Paragraph 11 - Photo by Mos Croatia on Dubrovnikdaily.eu
- Paragraph 11 - Photo from Kroati.de
- Paragraph 11 - Photo from Croatiaweek.com
- Paragraph 12 - Photo from Kongres-magazine.eu
- Paragraph 12 - Photo from Croatiaweek.com