Sveti Naum Monastery
The monastery of Sveti Naum is located about 30 kilometres south of Ohrid. It dates back to the 9th century. The monastery is one of the most famous sights in North Macedonia and is situated directly on Lake Ohrid. It is surrounded by a beautiful park where peacocks live in the wild. Today the monastery is used as a hotel.
Galičica National Park
Galičica National Park is considered a hiking, climbing and nature paradise. The park is located between Lake Ohrid and Lake Prespa. The highest elevation is Magaro at a height of 2'255 metres above sea level. From the summit you can enjoy a fantastic view of the two lakes. The national park is easy to reach by car from Ohrid.
Mavrovo National Park
Mavrovo National Park covers an area of 731 km2, making it the largest national park in North Macedonia. Located in the west of the country, it is a must for all outdoor enthusiasts. From hiking to cycling, or skiing in winter, the park offers something for everyone's taste. A highlight of the park is Galičnik, one of the oldest and largest mountain villages.
- Header - Photo from Justbooktheticket.travel
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Kristijan Arsov on Unsplash
- Paragraph 2 - Photos by Milana Jovanov on Unsplash
- Paragraph 3 - Photos from Wts-touristik.de
- Paragraph 4 - Photos by Galicica National Park
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Radika View House
- Paragraph 6 - Photo on Wikipedia
- Paragraph 7 - Photo from Asi-reisen.de
- Paragraph 8 - Photo from Schwarzaufweiss.de
- Paragraph 9 - Photo from Mywanderlust.pl
- Paragraph 10 - Photo from Bestereisezeit.at