The southern Irish city of Cork is not only surrounded by hilly grasslands, but also by a lot of water. Whether "Wild Atlantic Way" , "Barley Cove Beach" or "Lagoon Activity Centre" - Edelweiss shows you where you can get especially close to the wet fun.
City trip while doing sport
Can't decide if it's time for sightseeing or sports? The good news: you don't have to! Thanks to "Cork City SUP" you can do both at the same time, gaining knowledge while building your muscles. For two hours you paddle with your SUP board on the River Lee through the city center. You'll pass buildings steeped in history, such as the former psychiatric clinic "Our Lady's Hospital", which still characterize the cityscape today. A little extra tip: At sunset, the city and river look even more picturesque.
Lagoon of good cheer
A skill course in the form of a floating bouncy castle in XXL format, pedal boats, kayaks, SUP boards - at the "Lagoon Activity Centre" in the small town of Rosscarbery, which is about an hour's drive from Cork, you don't have to commit to a particular water activity. Here you can try everything you enjoy and have always wanted to try in a very short time. Looking at the waterslide, it's hardly surprising that visitors rate the lagoon as a guarantee of fun and laughter for the whole family.
- Header - Photo by Tourism Ireland by Miki Barlok
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Tourism Ireland by Brian Morrison
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Tourism Ireland by Sonder Visuals
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Malcolm Walker on Alamy
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by South Fjord Media on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Rui Vale de Sousa on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Michelle O'Kane on Getty Images
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Tourism Ireland
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Jeanrenaud Photography on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Johannes Rigg on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 7 - Photos by Tourism Ireland by Miki Barlok
- Paragraph 8 - Photos by Tourism Ireland by Valerie O'Sullivan