One of the highlights of a visit to Cyprus is eating in a Cypriot taverna. The most popular dish on the island is "meze", which consists of a seemingly endless succession of small traditional dishes. We introduce you to five restaurants in the south-east of the island and wish you "kali orexi", bon appétit
Voreas Taverna, Oroklini
This taverna a little outside of Larnaca is visited not only by tourists but also by many locals, a sign of authenticity and quality. For a real piece of Cypriot cuisine and culture, you should not miss this taverna. It is located in a 150-year-old village house, and there is live music on Fridays and Saturdays.
Andama Taverne, Protaras
The Andama Tavern in Protaras is known for a first-class meze and is a fine example of Cypriot hospitality. It is cooked according to old traditional family recipes, and you will definitely not leave the restaurant hungry.
- Header - Photo by Victoria Shes on Unsplash
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Voreas Taverna Facebook
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Taverna Napa on Facebook
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Taverna Napa
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Andama Tavern on Facebook
- Paragraph 5 - Photos by Kalamies Restaurant on Facebook
- Paragraph 6 - Photos by O Dikos Mas Mezes