Tropical climate, sparkling turquoise water, and beautiful palm trees – this is what comes to mind when you think of the Seychelles. But leave the classic white sand beaches behind you and you’ll experience nature in a way that couldn’t be more diverse and rich in species. We introduce you to the most beautiful and untouched corners of the Seychelles.
Rain Forest to the Left, Waves to the Right
It's a bit like being stranded on a deserted island: Ahead of you lies the pounding surf in glistening sunlight, driftwood tickles your feet, and in the shallows a few sea turtles graze on a lush meadow of seaweed. You can see a group of dolphins leap out of the water on the horizon. Behind you are rough, grey cliffs where lizards sunbathe, and then the rainforest begins, with loud rustling, chirping, and twittering. Civilization? Very far away! Here in the “ Sainte Anne Marine National Park”, the oldest nature reserve in the Seychelles near Mahé, nature is clearly in charge!
From Bay to Bay in a Boat
The area around the “Baie Ternay Marine Park” – about 30 minutes from Mahé – is ideal for exploring with a boat or kayak. Pack some snacks and head for “Anse Du Riz Bay” for a picnic. At first glance, this little spot looks like any other beach (but with a barbecue area!), but at second glance, you’ll discover a natural phenomenon: Between the mangroves and rocky cliffs is an unexpected lagoon-like estuary. Our tip: Take a unique stroll after lunch to the backcountry of the bay!
- Header - Photo by Chalabala on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Martin on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Raimund Franken on Getty Images
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Marc Stephan on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Tarikh Jumeer on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by jovannig on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by proslgn on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Martin Moxter on Getty Images
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by XtravaganT on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Cleop6atra on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Tarikh Jumeer on Adobe Stock