The capital of Galicia, Santiago de Compostela, has been visited by believers for centuries. Even today, tourists make pilgrimages to the lively city and its magnificent buildings. We present six hotels with a historical background. The hotels have been gently renovated and combined with modern elements.
Hotel Palacio del Carmen
The hotel was originally built and functioning a monastery. Today, it still offers a peaceful atmosphere close to the important sights. The Palacio del Carmen is not only equipped with a magnificent garden and terrace, but a fitness centre and an indoor salt water pool as well. In the modern el camelio restaurant, Galician specialities and fish are among the dishes on the menu.
This hotel building from 1927 is a mixture of palace and fortress. Behind the Moors, a modern interior awaits you. After a hearty breakfast in the cafeteria you can explore the surrounding area. You can easily reach the city's sights on foot.
- Header – Photo from Turismo.gal
- Paragraph 1 – Photos by San Francisco Monumento
- Paragraph 2 – Photo by Parador de Santiago Hostal
- Paragraph 3 – Photo from Turismo.gal
- Paragraph 4 – Photos by Hotel Rua Villar
- Paragraph 5 – Photo by Hotel Palacio del Carmen
- Paragraph 6 – Photos by A Quinta da Auga Hotel
- Paragraph 7 – Photo by Hotel Compostela