Jamaica has so much to offer that you have to stop at every corner because there is something to see. Usain Bolt once said, that's why he became a sprinter. On another island, he would probably have become a marathon runner.
Jamaica is known for its impressive waterfalls. Especially, the surrounding exotic nature makes them something very special. Be sure to wear sturdy bathing shoes when you visit, as some of the waterfalls are tricky to get to and the paths can be rough.
Dunn’s River Falls
The waterfalls of the River Dunn are probably the best known on the island. And not without reason - It is one of Jamaica's treasures and one of the most beautiful places on the island. Just a stone's throw from Ocho Rios, they are also very easy to reach.
Irie Blue Hole
A few kilometres up the hills near Ocho Rios you will find the Irie Blue Hole. The Blue Hole is particularly enchanting with its steel-blue natural pool. But there is also action and adventure here.
In the east of the island, near Port Antonio, you will find the Rech Falls. Peacefully nestled in the middle of the exotic jungle lies the emerald green lake and waterfalls. What makes Reach Falls special is the so-called "Rabbit Hole". You follow the flowing water by jumping into a hole and then find yourself in a cave - admittedly, you it takes a bit of courage.
Between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios is the small town of Falmouth. And here you can marvel at one of the most incredible natural spectacles in the world. As soon as darkness falls, this lagoon comes to life. Water from the Martha Brae River and sea water meet in the lagoon and tiny microorganisms live in this adventurous mix. As soon as they start moving, they glow blue in the dark.
Frenchman's Cove is a hotel complex in Port Antonio and is best known for its world-famous beach. A small river flows into the beautiful bay, which lies between two tropically overgrown rock faces. However, access to the beach is also possible for non-hotel guests for an entrance fee.
- Header - Photo by Kevin Schmidli
- Paragraph 2 - Photo from Konokofalls.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photo from Visitjamaica.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo from Visitjamaica.com
- Paragraph 5 - Photo from Jakes Hotel
- Paragraph 5 - Photo from Ysfalls.com
- Paragraph 6 - Photo from Theworldupcloser.com
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by Strawberry Hill Hotel
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by Sea Island Coffee on Pinterest
- Paragraph 8 - Photo from Ledvance.de
- Paragraph 9 - Photo from TripAdvisor.ch
- Paragraph 9 - Photo from Albertreview.com
- Paragraph 10 - Photo from Tripsavvy.com
- Paragraph 10 - Photo by Kevin Schmidli
- Paragraph 11 - Photo from Forevericeswirls.blogspot.com
- Paragraph 12 - Photo from Visitjamaica.com
- Paragraph 12 - Photo from Theworldinaweekend.com
- Paragraph 13 - Photos from Visitjamaica.com
- Paragraph 14 - Photo from Nytimes.com
- Paragraph 14 - Photo from Concerteurope.hu