Samos as a Starting Point
Samos is one of the largest and most easterly Greek islands. The island is a very good starting or end point as it has an international airport and three ferry ports. From Samos you can start in three directions. North towards Chios, west towards Ikaria and south towards Kos. Information about island hopping southwards and thus on the Dodecanese Islands can be found on our destination site Kos.
From Chios a ferry leaves a few times a week for Psara. This small island has less than 450 inhabitants which mainly live from fishing. It is an inviting day trip for the adventurous. The few tavernas and cafés in the village of Psara serve excellent local food. The bays of Limnos and Lazaretta invite with fine sand and crystal clear water, so don’t forget your bating suit. The island is for visitors who appreciate a quiet and very authentic Greek atmosphere.
- Header - Photo from Greeka.com
- Paragraph 1 - Photo from Wikipedia.org
- Paragraph 2 - Photo from Greece-moments.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photo from Discovergreece.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Cavan Images on Getty Images
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Fourni Sun on Booking
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Alexandros Dedoukos on Getty Images
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by SandyBro on Getty Images
- Paragraph 6 - Photos from Agreekoddity.com
- Paragraph 7 - Photos from Lilies-diary.com
- Paragraph 8 - Photo from Greece-moments.com
- Paragraph 9 - Photo from Bestereisezeit.ch
- Paragraph 10- Photo from Wikivoyage.org