The Algarve region in southern Portugal is known for its picture perfect white sandy beaches, red-brown cliff formations in turquoise-blue waters, and colourful cliff-side houses. The surrounding area of the regional metropolis of Faro combines all these attractive features, but has much more to offer for the whole family. We introduce you to the highlights of the city and its surroundings.
Yayyyy! A Cool Down!
The ten-hectare “Slide and Splash” water park is packed with the craziest slides in the Algarve. The park boasts slides like the “Black Hole”, a creation that does its name justice and for which you have to be at least 90 centimetres tall. Here you hurtle through the darkness towards an initially tiny beam of light at the end of the tunnel. Are you also happy with less intense adrenaline rushes? Then the “Jacuzzi” could become your highlight of the day. For little guests under the age of 12, its straight to the shallow waters of “Tropical Island”, where slides in the shape of funny monsters and dragons can be conquered.
- Header - Photo by PIKSEL on Getty Images
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by SimonSkafar on https://www.gettyimages.ch/
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Jodie Griggs on https://www.gettyimages.ch/
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Mitch Diamond on Getty Images
- Paragraph 3 - Photos from PROSANDART, LDA.
- Paragraph 4 - Photos from Slide&Splash
- Paragraph 5 - Photos from Centro Ciência Viva do Algarve
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Carlos Neto on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Drew Altukhov on Getty Images