A port city, a student hotspot, a place with bizarre structures from long ago - Bari on the Adriatic has all of this and more. But the province of the same name also offers a few real gems with narrow streets and lively piazzas. We invite you to excursions in the region and show you authentic and extraordinary destinations in and around Bari.
Picture Book Bay
The pleasantly warm water of the Adriatic splashing at your feet, to the left and right, rugged cliffs rise up to the glistening sun, from which white and beige stone houses emerge, casting shadows on the sea in some places. Behind you, your beach mat is waiting to be inaugurated, and an exciting book is ready for reading. The bustling city centre of Bari seems far away and yet it is quickly accessible should you want some excitement. “Lama Monachile” is the magical place that crowns your beach trip to Polignano a Mare, about half an hour from Bari.
- Header - Photo by Nicola Simeoni on Stock.adobe.com
- Intro - Photo by e55evu on Stock.adobe.com
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Balate Dorin on Istockphoto.com
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Filippo Maria Bianchi on Istockphoto.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Mi.Ti. on Stock.adobe.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Roberto Montanari on Stock.adobe.com
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by fulviodegregorio on Stock.adobe.com
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by rudi1976 on Stock.adobe.com
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by wjarek on Shutterstock.com
- Paragraph 8 - Photo by Nicola Simeoni on Gettyimages.ch
- Paragraph 9 - Photo by Cosimo Calabrese on Gettyimages.ch