The asphalt is calling, nature is waiting: a road trip through British Columbia is a journey full of freedom, discovery and unforgettable views. Its magnificent natural landscape is constantly changing: from lush rainforest to monumental desert, finally to the snow-capped peaks of the Rocky Mountains. The route leads past winding rivers, deep blue lakes and some outdoor adventures for the whole family. On this 10-14 day your from Vancouver to Mount Robson and back, we’ll show you the best of British Columbia.
From Kamloops to Clearwater (120 km)
North of Kamloops, the Yellowhead Highway (officially: Highway 16) leads past hilly pasture landscapes towards Wells Gray, one of the largest Provincial Parks in British Columbia. On the way, an overnight stay on a guest ranch is a good idea, and a trip to the Sun Peaks Resort is also worthwhile. Clearwater and Wells Gray Park are even further north. We recommend allowing plenty of time here, because there is a lot to see: waterfalls, mineral springs, lava beds and extinct volcanoes adorn the landscape. Fauna fans will also get their fill: bears, moose and wolves all have their home here.
From Clearwater to Mount Robson (235 km)
As the mountains become clearer and clearer, you’ll be well on your way to Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. The glacier lake Berg Lake offers the best view of the nearly 4,000-metre-high giants. You can get there by a multi-day backcountry hiking route that leads past waterfalls and mountain lakes. We recommend booking the tour in advance as it sells out quickly. If you want to take a different perspective, you can admire Mount Robson and the park of the same name while flying in the helicopter.
- Header - Photo by Jordan Siemens on Getty Images
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by PKS Media Inc./ on Getty Images
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Albert Normandin from Destiantion Vancouver
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Lithuaniakid on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by EB Adventure Photography on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by @entre2escales from Destination BC
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Anthony on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Luis War on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Autumn Sky Photography on Alamy
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by tomreichner on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Libor on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by Megan McLellan from Destination BC
- Paragraph 8 - Photo by Thomas Amler on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 8 - Photo by Fred Heikkinen on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 9 - Photos by ChristinaPrinn on Getty Images