Play & Swim: on the Beach of Maspalomas
Holidays with children on a summer island with over 300 days of sunshine a year – that doesn’t mean you have to settle for the warm water of the baby pool to cool off. Apart from the hotel facilities, there are a wide range of activities just for families – and many child-friendly beaches. Especially in the south and southeast, around Maspalomas, the water is generally shallow and the waves very gentle, with the fantastic dunes just behind you. The sandy beach of Maspalomas is also surrounded by tourist offerings, with gelato shops , kiosks, showers, and plenty of hustle and bustle to find playmates.
Wanderlust: Off to the Charco Azul
Secluded hiking and nature trails are just the right thing for families. The tour to Charco Azul in the west of Gran Canaria is especially suitable for slightly older children, who are sure-footed and can swim. The starting point is the village of El Risco near Agaete. The trail is just under four kilometres away and leads through pine forests and ravines. Although trail signs are kept to a minimum, the buzzing of the dragonflies will lead you to your destination at the end: the Charco Azul, the “Blue Lagoon”. Reward yourself with a jump into the spring water of the crystalline lake and dip under the waterfall before heading back.
- Header - Photo by Westend61 on Getty Images
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by ingusk on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by AngelLuis on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Felix Cesare on Getty Images
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by David Sacks on Getty Images
- Paragraph 4 - Photos from Aqualand Maspalomas
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Stephen Frink on Getty Images
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Henryk Sadura on Getty Images