Isola Bela - On the Beach in Taormina
Isola Bella near Taormina is a candidate for the trophy of Sicily's most beautiful beach. A staircase leads down from the state road to the pebbly seashore. The depths of the sea make the waters shine in dazzling colours which vary depending on the time of day. Isola Bella has two beach bars and a freely accessible part. This is ideal for cliff divers and snorkellers
Fontane Bianche: Popular with the Locals
If you are motorised, drive about 15 km from Syracause to Fontane Bianche. The beach, which is especially popular with locals, attracts visitors with its gently sloping strech of sand that disappears into the crystal-clear waters. Families with children can enjoy carefree beach days and use the surrounding leisure facilities and restaurants. Furthermore, the secluded bays behind bizarre rock formations offer almost private bathing fun.
Ragusa can be reached in about 90 minutes by car and is definitely worth a trip. The picturesque town lies in the southeast of the island, nestled in the hills. The place where TV's Commissario Montalbano solves his cases is perfect for a stroll.The baroque architecture of the little town shows itself in lush decorative elements, arches, columns, and façades. Due to its historical and artistic importance, the town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city centre consists of two parts separated by a gorge - Ragusa Ibla and Ragusa Superiore.
Ibla is situated on a hill about 450 metres above sea level. Its old town has more than 50 churches and numerous palazzi in the baroque style. The narrow, up- and downwards leading streets form a labyrinth of cobblestoned passages. Iblas' alleys, bridges and streets all accentuate the magic of Sicily. Perhaps for this reason Ragusa has been praised by famous literary figures as the "island within an island" or "the other Sicily". If you are in Ragusa in the first week of October, don't miss the Ibla Buskers, a five-day choreographic street spectacle in the historic alleys with jugglers, tightrope walkers, and musicians.
- Header - Photo by Anna Auza on Unsplash
- Paragraph 1 - Photo from Italia.it
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Jerzy Strzelecki on Wikimedia
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Berthold Werner on Reise nach Italien
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Berthold Werner on Wikipedia
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Lyle Wilkinson on Unsplash
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Kristin Snippe on Unsplash
- Paragraph 4 - Photo from Reise-nach-italien.de
- Paragraph 5 - Photo from Italien.de
- Paragraph 5 - Photo from Reise-nach-italien.de
- Paragraph 6 - Photo from Sizilien-ferienhauser.com
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by Benjamin Huggett on Unsplash
- Paragraph 7 - Photo by Joseph Recca on Unsplash
- Paragraph 8 - Photo from Wikimedia
- Paragraph 9 - Photo from Sizilien-ferienhauser.com
- Paragraph 9 - Photo by Jonas Tebbe on Unsplash
- Paragraph 10 - Photos from Sizilien-ferienhauser.com