Cornwall - A county on the rugged southwestern tip of England. A peninsula of superlatives. There are rugged cliffs contrasted by picturesque harbour villages. Beautiful sandy beaches next to idyllic landscapes as well as houses and castles that have plenty of history.
Tintagel Old Post Office
One thing that should not be missed during a stay in Tintagel is a visit to the old Tintagel post office. The stone house was built as early as the 14th century and is actually a manor house. Old Post Office is the name of the house, since it briefly held the license to be a post office for the district in Victorian times. The rooms of the house are mostly furnished with pieces of furniture from the 16th century and the surrounding garden invites you to linger.
St. Michael’s Mount
The impressive tidal island on the southwestern tip of England lies off the village of Marazion. It can be reached by ferry or even on foot at low tide. Discover the castle, the terraced colorful gardens and immerse yourself in the many legends and myths that surround the island. For example, it is said that you can still feel the heartbeat of a giant under your feet there.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan
This is one of the most famous gardens in England, located eight kilometres south of St. Austell. Here you can admire the over 200-year-old ornamental garden with crystal grotto, wishing well, ponds and pavilions. Also discover the working garden with more than 300 varieties of fruits and vegetables, the jungle with its countless subtropical plants and the lost valley with avenues of oaks and beeches.
- Header - Photo by by Benjamin Elliott on Unsplash
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Frayxx on Pixabay
- Paragraph 2 - Photo from Visitcornwall.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photo from Flickr.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Benjamin Elliott on Unsplash
- Paragraph 5 - Photo from Independent.co.uk
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Leif Christoph Gottwald on Unsplash
- Paragraph 6 - Photo from Thecornishconcierge.co.u
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by John Higgitt on Unsplash
- Paragraph 7 - Photo from Bestdaysoutcornwall.co.uk
- Paragraph 7 - Photo from Visitcornwall.com
- Paragraph 8 - Photo from Alzd.de