The Perfect Mix
Situated on the Pacific coast, surrounded by active volcanoes and tropical forests - that’s the town of Liberia in Costa Rica. The capital of Guanacaste province is the perfect starting point for excursions in the local area, no matter whether you are looking for adventure or a few extra days relaxing at the end of your trip to Costa Rica. In Guanacaste, the region with the country’s largest selection of luxury resorts, holidaymakers will find the perfect mix of mile-long beaches for sunbathing and dense rainforests where they can experience the country’s extraordinary biodiversity up close – even in a quite wild way.
Action, or even... More Action!
For those seeking a gentler kind of adventure, Guanacaste has a number of activities to offer, like bicycle tours, guided hikes, or horse riding excursions. Holidaymakers can discover the province in an active way during day tours with local guides. But you are certainly not limited to such traditional pastimes: fancy a bit more of an adrenaline rush? You might even want to change your perspective a bit: On a zip line tour at the Monkey Jungle action park, for example, you rope yourself from platform to platform above the treetops and you even get a view of the sea. If you are really lucky, you might actually spot one of the howler monkeys that give the park its name right next to you in a treetop.
- Header - Photo by felixairphoto on Getty Images
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Terraxplorer on Getty Images
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by frozenblizzard on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Brett Maurer on Getty Images
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by gionnixxx on Getty Images
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Matteo Colombo on Getty Images
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Matthew Micah Wright on Getty Images