We provide assistance for passengers whose mobility is limited due to disability or age
Specially trained staff are available at all Edelweiss destinations to help passengers with limited mobility. For instance, we provide courtesy wheelchairs and transport vehicles for their use, and there are escorts at departure and arrivals to provide further assistance. We advise passengers with limited mobility to be at the Swissport Goldair counter at Check-in 1 or 3 at least two hours before departure.
To help us make the necessary preparations, please inform us when you book (or up to two days before departure) of the extent to which your mobility is impaired. Please also request the appropriate category of assistance when you book.
Categories of disability for assistance
- WCHR (Wheel Chair Ramp)
- You are able to walk short distances and climb stairs. You need a wheelchair and the appropriate assistance for longer distances.
- WCHS (Wheel Chair Steps)
- You are able to walk short distances, but are not able to climb stairs. You need a wheelchair and the appropriate assistance for longer distances.
- WCHC (Wheel Chair Carry)
- You need a wheelchair at all times, including on board.
- BLND (Blind)
- You are blind or visually impaired and need assistance during your journey.
- DEAF (Deaf)
- You are deaf, hearing impaired or deaf mute, and need assistance during your journey.
- DPNA (Disabled Passenger Needs Assistance)
- You need assistance during your journey due to a mental disability.
Other offers and services
Travellers who require a different form of special assistance or passengers who are ill (Medical Cases, Stretcher) are requested to contact SWISS directly:
Registration Special Support
Please register your special support via the following link: