The four royal cities - Fez, Marrakech, Meknès and Rabat - are among the country's main attractions. Each of these four cities was once the capital of one of Morocco's great dynasties. There you can explore magnificent palaces, beautiful gardens and magnificent mosques. Immerse yourself in the past of the Arabian Nights.
Before continuing to the second royal city of Rabat, a stop in the modern and vibrant city of Casablanca is recommended. Casablanca, like Agadir, is situated directly on the sea. It is the largest city in Morocco and one of the most important trading hubs on the entire African continent. In Casablanca, a visit to the Hassan II Mosque, the largest mosque in Africa, is highly recommended.
Meknès is royal city No. 3 on our tour. It is also called "the city of a hundred minarets". The entire old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. If you like it a bit quieter and less touristy you will feel very comfortable in Meknès. The best place to start your sightseeing tour is at the Place el Hedim where you can admire the Bab el Mansour gate from the year 1732. From there, all highlights can be easily reached on foot.
- Header - Photo from Visitmarrakech.com
- Paragraph 2 - Photos from Visitmarrakech.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Hamza Bouchikhi on Unsplash
- Paragraph 3 - Photo by Vinicius Henrique on Unsplash
- Paragraph 4 - Photo from Visitmorocco.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo by Wim van 't Einde Unsplash
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Carlos Leret on Unsplash
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by elCarito on Unsplash
- Paragraph 7 - Photos from Visitmarrakech.com