Visa-free entry to Canada
Provided you meet the four conditions listed below, you can travel to and in Canada without a visa.
- You are a citizen of a country with visa-free entry to Canada.
- You hold a valid passport.
- You have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).*
- You provided the required “Advance Passenger Information” (API) during check-in or when booking your flight.**
* Electronic Travel Authorization; please make sure you apply for an eTA at the latest 72 hours before your departure.
** Airlines are obliged to transfer the “Advance Passenger Information” (API) to the Canadian authorities immediately following departure. The required API consists of the following personal passenger data: surname, first name, biometric data, date of birth, nationality, passport number and gender.
Please note that Canadian authorities still recommend registering via ArriveCAN prior to arrival to expedite procedures upon arrival.
You require a visa?
Please contact your country’s Canadian embassy to apply for an adequate visa.
Travelling to Canada with children
The Canadian border services officers are on alert for missing children. Therefore, if you are travelling to Canada with a minor, you may be asked detailed questions about the minor. Please make sure you have all the required documents in English or French with you.
Information as to which documents children under the age of 18 entering Canada need to have and travel with is available at the following link:
Important links to further information
All of the information displayed here is provided without any warranty of any kind. Subject to changes.