Along with the shipwreck beach the blue caves are the flagship sights of Zakynthos. Located on the west coast in the village of Volimes, there are many tours that offer excursions to the caves. One can also rent a boat and discover the caves at your own pace to ensure enough time to take in the scenery. The caves boast the most mesmerising shades of blue that photos can only capture to a certain extent but will be engraved in one’s memory for a lifetime.
The Marathonissi Islet was inhabited up until the second world war but has since been abandoned and included as part of the Zakynthos Marine park. It is home to some of the last remaining Mediterranean monk seals and serves as a nesting ground for the loggerhead sea turtle. Visitors are expected to stay within 5 meters of the shore in order to protect the natural habitat.
- Header - Photo from Discovergreece.com
- Paragraph 1 - Photo my Maxime on Unsplash
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Max van den Oetelaar on Unsplash
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Max van den Oetelaar on Unsplash
- Paragraph 2 - Photo from Greeka.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photo from Wikipedia.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photo from Discovergreece.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo from Discovergreece.com
- Paragraph 4 - Photo from Greeka.com
- Paragraph 5 - Photo from Discovergreece.com
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by Michal B. on Unsplash