In addition to the stunning beaches, Lefkada also offers breathtaking scenery and a few impressive sights that are best explored by car.
The Faneromeni Monastery
The monastery is the only one still in operation on the island and an important monument of the region. It is located on a pine-covered hill four kilometres west of Lefkada town and features a beautiful view towards Kastro, Gyra, and Ai Giannis. It looks back on a centuries-old history which probably begun in the early apostolic period. Moreover, legend has it that the beautiful temple of the goddess Artemis was located here.
Nidri is a popular holiday resort on the east side of the island and is especially popular with families because of the calm sea. Stroll along the main street and buy a nice souvenir in one of the many small shops. After that, treat yourself to a local delicacy with a view of the sea and the offshore islands of Madouri, Geni, and Skoripios.
This natural and impressive gorge with the Dimosari waterfall is located in the hinterlands of the holiday resort of Nidri on the east coast of the island. From Nidri it is about four kilometres to the car park and then a ten-minute walk to the waterfall. We recommend sturdy shoes for the sometimes slippery and wet passages. Pack your swimming trunks, as it will feel good to cool down.
- Header - Photo by studsemhu on Pixabay
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by nikoslefkas on Pixabay
- Paragraph 2 - Photo from Thomaisboutiquehotel.com
- Paragraph 3 - Photos from Lefkada.gr
- Paragraph 4 - Photo from Amazinglefkada.com
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by nikoslefkas on Pixabay
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by manos koutras on Unslpash
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Guiseppe Dio on Pixabay
- Paragraph 7 - Photo from Lefkada.gr
- Paragraph 7 - Photo from Thomaisboutiquehotel.com
- Paragraph 8 - Photos from Lefkada.gr