Want to cool off?
The ideal place for a lunch break with a reliable cooling effect is the Polylimnio waterfalls, which are located in the forest about 30 kilometres from Kalamata. It's a five-minute walk along a narrow wooden boardwalk into the middle of the greenery. Already the paradise of the Polylimnio Gorge stretches out before your eyes with waterfalls up to 30 metres high and 15 small lakes - all filled with crystal-clear water, surrounded on the left and right by rocks and olive trees. Which of the natural swimming pools do you choose for a short refreshment?
Traditional cuisine at lunchtime
Sometimes it should, sometimes it must be like in the old days: "Authentic Greek home cooking like at mum's" - that's what the tavern "Ta Rolla" is loved and praised for. Here, the Greek casserole dishes pastizio and moussaka taste like in hardly any other place. No wonder, since the legendary restaurant has existed since 1924. Enough time to perfect the dishes - and of course the taste of the in-house retsina wine.
- Header - Photo by sPNIKOL on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by Achillefs Katsaounis on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 1 - Photo by AngrySun on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Peter Eastland on Alamy
- Paragraph 2 - Photo by Image Source on Hybrid Images
- Paragraph 3 - Photos by yiannisscheidt on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 3 - Photos by Archaeological Museum of Patras on Alamy
- Paragraph 4 - Photos by larairimeeva on Alamy
- Paragraph 5 - Photo by nataliya-ua on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Heracles Kritikos on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 6 - Photo by Florian Augustin on Shutterstock
- Paragraph 7 - Photos by Witold Skrypczak on Alamy
- Paragraph 8 - Photos by trickybeachbar
- Paragraph 9 - Photo by panosk18 on Adobe Stock
- Paragraph 9 - Photo by Hercules Milas on Mauritius Images