Please note:

On 6 March 2017, the US government issued a new Executive Order restricting the entry of foreign nationals into the United States from six foreign countries (Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen). The new Executive Order becomes effective on 16 March 2017 at 05.01 a.m. (UTC) and allows travel to the USA for:

  • Nationals of these countries who are in possession of valid US visa which is not physically marked as revoked or cancelled
  • Passengers with dual nationalities of one of those countries
  • Passengers holding a valid US permanent residence card (Green Card)

Without renewed clearance from US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) individual citizens from these countries might not be accepted on board US bound flights. Passengers concerned are advised to contact the nearest US consulate or embassy for further information.

Visa-free entry

You can enter the USA without a visa if you comply with all the following points:

  • You are a resident of a country covered by the Visa Waiver Programme*.
  • You hold a passport that complies with the criteria required by the USA.
  • You have an ESTA (Electronic System Travel Authorisation)**.
  • You have provided your API details***.

For further details please refer to the following Factsheet from US Department of Homeland Security:

* There are currently 37 countries in the Visa Waiver Programme. Their residents have the right to visa-free travel for visits of up to 90 days.

**An ESTA is a requirement for entry without a visa. Please apply for it at least 72 hours before departure.

Exceptions: Any ESTA travel authorisations that have already been issued will become invalid if you were in Iraq, Iran, Syria or Sudan on or after 1 March 2011. This is also the case if you are a national of one of these countries.

***Your API details will be taken when you check-in. On receipt, the airline will pass the passenger information on to the US authorities using the Advanced Passenger Information System.

For further information please go to the following websites:

Applying for a visa

You will receive a visa from your country's US embassy.

Which passport?

Check to see whether your passport meets the requirements of the US authorities and is valid for a sufficiently long period of time. You need a biometric passport.