Making sure your child arrives safely
This Edelweiss service for children travelling alone is for youngsters from 5 to 12 years of age. By the time our crew gives your child a big welcome, he or she will have safely passed through all the stations in the airport in our care. When he checks in, he will be given his own special shoulder bag. This bag will have all his important travel documents for the flight. He won't have to go through customs and the safety checks by himself; one of our ground crew staff will stay with him. We also pamper our mini guests once they are on board. And when he arrives at his destination, the ground crew there will receive him and hand him over to the contact person waiting for him. He will not be left to his own devices for a single moment, and will have a pleasant escort to rely on.
Some countries have different age requirements. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to inform themselves of the relevant regulations.
- Children under the age of 2 years must be accompanied by an adult*.
- Children under the age of 5 years must be accompanied by an adult* or by a sibling aged 16.
- The UM service is compulsory for children aged between 5 and 11 years (inclusive). If accompanied by a person of minimum 12 years the UM service is not mandatory.
- The UM service is voluntary and available to children aged between 12 and 17 years.
* minimum 18 years of age
Charges in all travel classes per child and per flight
|Area of application
||Price (short- and medium-haul)
Area of application
Price (short- and medium-haul)
CHF 70.- / EUR 60.-
CHF 120.- / EUR 100.-
* Seat reservation for unaccompanied minors: Passengers who booked their flight on flyedelweiss.com please contact the Service Center +41 (0)848 333 593 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The amounts in the table are for reference purposes: in CHF for Switzerland, in Euros for all European countries without Switzerland.
Please register for the UMNR service through our Service Center, up to 96 hours before your departure:
+41 (0)848 333 593
Make sure that all the necessary travel documents are available. Complete the form found below on a computer and print out enough copies. The child will need two copies of the form for each sector. So if travelling, for instance, Zurich-Marrakech-Zurich, four copies will be required. Your signature confirms that the costs for meals, overnight accommodation or transfers will be paid if the person who is to meet your child fails to turn up at the destination and the child has to fly back.
And the adventure can begin!
If you are sending your own or someone else's child to travel as an unaccompanied minor, you want to be sure that he or she will be well looked after. In the first instance, please contact the Careport desk at Check-in 1 at Zurich airport, and leave your address and the address of the person who is to collect the child at the destination.