New rules for visa-free entry
Are you flying to Canada? Then you should know that the Department of Citizenship and Immigration (the Canadian immigration authority) has changed its rules for visa-free entry. So what does this mean for you?
Entry without a visa
If you meet the following four conditions, you can enter the country without a visa:
- You are a resident of a country that has no visa requirement when entering Canada.*
- You have a valid passport.
- You have an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorisation).**
- You have provided your API details.***
* Currently, residents of 48 countries can entry the country without a visa.
** The eTA travel authorisation is a requirement for entry without a visa. Please apply for it at least 72 hours before departure.
*** Your API details will be taken when you check-in. On receipt, the airline will pass the passenger information on to the Canadian authorities using the Advanced Passenger Information System.
Do you need a visa?
Then please contact the Canadian Embassy in your country, where you will be issued with a travel visa.